Sunday, February 8, 2009

6.5 Months Pregnant

Kevin and I are so excited to meet the little baby inside. There's less than four months left before I am due (May 26th, 2009).

Now that I am 6 1/2 months pregnant, my thoughts toward my baby are totally different than before. I feel it kicking, sometimes hiccuping in the middle of the night, and I know that God has done something miraculous. There's a little human being right underneath the skin of my belly! I love the baby more and more everyday; it goes everywhere I go. Sometimes I think of the song from that commercial, "My buddy, my buddy! Wherever I go, he goes!" "Kid sister, kid sister! Kid sister and meeeeeee!"

Contrast that to 5 months ago when I still couldn't believe that there was a real human developing inside. I freaked out the first time I felt it move, felt its body poke out like potatoes poke the skin of the bag they're in. It was so foreign, this stranger inside.

But God changes all that, and a mother can only marvel.


"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment